Cara's books

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Thirteen Reasons Why
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Speak
My Sister's Keeper
The Silver Linings Playbook
Looking for Alaska
Water for Elephants
The Glass Castle
The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother
Autobiography of a Face
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
The Hunger Games
Holes
Frindle
The Catcher in the Rye
Dear John
The Last Song
The Great Gatsby
A Walk to Remember


Cara's favorite books »

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Post2: What is a book?


A book is a vacation, reading the book and getting into it makes you go places and venture off but eventually the book will come to an end. Books should be cherished like vacations are. They happen every so often but when they do it is a whole new experience. I like the way a book can make you feel out of your element or not at your house. A book can transport you in a matter of minutes and that is pretty awesome. The purpose of a book is to learn things and experience new things and get out and understand common knowledge. The point is to rely on yourself but also the book to explore a new meaning to life in some cases. Usually books have an underlying message and I think that is why they are written.

I have read both books on a kindle and an actual book and for some reason the books that I physically read are more memorable. Maybe because I understand the time the writer took to make the book or the satisfaction knowing that I finished it. Joe Meno makes a good point in saying that it isn't much about the physical book or an e-reader; it’s the content inside the book. I never thought about that argument until today. It was eye opening especially for me who is a big fan of saving the physical books.

 At the end of the day, the world is never going to come together to choose a side. I think that the battle between physical book and e- readers has just begun. When it comes to my opinions I think that most people should take a deep breath and enjoy the physical book while it is still around. People should take a step back and reevaluate how upset they are getting. Eventually if we do go to only e-readers people won’t have an option and sooner or later everyone will adapt to the changing society around them. So clearly what I am trying to say is that this argument will be settled eventually, there is no need to get so furious about something when nature will eventually take its course

1 comment:

  1. Comparing a book to a vacation is such a unique comparision! I love the whole idea of it, of how it is so glorious and relaxion and then it comes to an end. It's so true. You did a really good job of explaining the metaphor and overall I think it is a really original idea.

    ReplyDelete