Cara's books

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Thirteen Reasons Why
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Speak
My Sister's Keeper
The Silver Linings Playbook
Looking for Alaska
Water for Elephants
The Glass Castle
The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother
Autobiography of a Face
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
The Hunger Games
Holes
Frindle
The Catcher in the Rye
Dear John
The Last Song
The Great Gatsby
A Walk to Remember


Cara's favorite books »

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Post #9


Likability: The narrator along with the main character is Piper. She is a forty year old suburban wife who is charged with an international drug deal that she did in college. She is now having to face the time of what she did in her past. I think Piper is really likable because she is new to the environment of being in a jail and the fact that she is wealthy and has a nice life kind of makes things in jail harder for her because people start to realize it. The genre of the book is memoir and I think Piper does a good job at telling us as the reader the details of jail and how most people haven’t been to jail so the way she describes it really helps me get a visual of what it would be like to live in jail. I also like how you can look at someone like Piper and think "You went to jail?!”. I think the whole thing is pretty shocking and I like how it is told by Piper and how you can get a feel for what she goes through. I think if it wasn’t told by her and it wasn’t a memoir it wouldn’t be as believable and I don’t think many people would have chosen to read the book. Since it is told in first person you almost feel like you are Piper and you get to go through the same feelings and emotions as she is going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment