Cara's books

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Thirteen Reasons Why
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Speak
My Sister's Keeper
The Silver Linings Playbook
Looking for Alaska
Water for Elephants
The Glass Castle
The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother
Autobiography of a Face
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
The Hunger Games
Holes
Frindle
The Catcher in the Rye
Dear John
The Last Song
The Great Gatsby
A Walk to Remember


Cara's favorite books »

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Post #8


In my mind I think that a book should be all facts if it is considered non-fiction. When I am looking for a non-fiction book I expect it to be all true because that is why I am looking in that genre. If a non-fiction book was only partially true I would expect it to be in the fiction section. I think that a story can be half-truthful if it is put in the right genre. I think that some stories are really good and after I found that it wasn't true but I was okay with it. I think that Frey messed up because you can stretch the truth and call it a memoir because thinking back on a  memory and be exactly truthful is impossible but going so far as Frey did is wrong. I also think that the fact that he knew his book wasn't a memoir but he called it one was a big indicator that he even wouldn't consider it truthful. I think personally that we need to have a line between fiction and non-fiction because how we to know as people what is facts and not facts.  When I am supposed to do a research paper I am going to go to the non-fiction section because I know that those are reliable and factual books that I can site in my paper. When I want to read an exciting and thrilling mystery I will go to the fiction section. It would honestly make me so nervous if one day we didn’t have any genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment